That look is so last year
As a business owner you really invest your heart and soul into your company. You may be working 7 days a week and several hours per day. However have you ever debated whether you’re working smart or just working hard? There is undoubtedly a great deal of devotion and time required as business owner (don’t worry, we have bags under our eyes too.) Saving money on technology is probably costing you a pretty penny, or several thousand pennies. Not only are you working harder than you have to, but it’s at an inconvenience to your customers as well. Trust me, they’ve noticed. Here are some FYI’s:
- 57% of consumers believe that an SMB using modern and cutting edge technology have a competitive edge against their competition. (It’ll also stop them from going to them too!)
- 61% of consumers consider a business outdated if they’re using an OS older than 5+ years. Windows XP? (cue face-palm)
- 68% of consumers think modern technology is CRITICAL, yes critical to the success of a business.
This is a list of some outdated technologies and processes. If you’re still using any of these, you’ll want to upgrade, ASAP
-If you’re using any operating system 5 years or older, Windows XP and 2003, or Windows Server 2003 YOU ARE DEAD TO ME. Okay, maybe that was a bit harsh, but these are ALL outdated and unsupported systems. This means Microsoft will no longer release updates and or patches for them.
– Ideally software should be replaced to the newest versions after every 2 releases. Using outdated software is dangerous and poses a security threat (a very expensive one too).
– Dial up internet. (Do I need to elaborate?) Okay I will anyways. This is the absolute slowest type of internet. It will without a doubt hinder performance and slow productivity.
-Processing quotes by paper? Enough already! This is literally twice the amount of work. Typing each quote individually is time consuming. Next the employee has to export to a spreadsheet or print and mail the quote. Updating your employees with tablets or smartphones allows them to electronically enter in everything one time. They will have fill-able forms that will automatically backup to a cloud service. This way you can email your invoice and any other employee can access the information. No more waiting weeks for snail mail. Now your employees can spend more time engaging with what really matters, customers.
-Lastly, the average business grade computer has to be updated every 4 years. Several studies by Microsoft have proven that computers older than 4 years are not as fast or efficient and will affect business continuity.
Don’t let your business suffer due to old and outdated technology. Most customers only give us once chance to make an impression, don’t lose them because you have to restart your computer. Here at Halo MTS we can do a full network and business analysis and show you where the most profitable investments can be made. Don’t think you can’t afford to make the upgrades, you can’t afford not to know with Halo’s free consolation.